Choosing a self storage facility
The first thing you need to consider is which self-storage facility to use. Here are some tips
- The self-storage facility has controlled access or is in a safe location.
- You can access your self-storage unit 24 hours a day..
- The units are the right size for you.
- The storage units are tidy and well-maintained
- The campus and facility overall are clean and well managed..
- The contract is readable
- The staff is available.
We hope you will choose Western Self Storage at either the Main Campus Location or the Havco Location.
The first thing to remember therefore is to pack in such a way that you can find things at a later date quickly. Here are some tips:
- Make an inventory
- Estimate the value
- Consider insurance
- Invest in good quality sturdy boxes and packing materials.
- Box everything that you can.
- Fill boxes to capacity.
- Label all boxes clearly on multiple sides. Mark ‘Fragile’ where needed.
- Don’t store wet items.
- Electrical equipment such as TVs, stereos and computers should be packed in their original boxes wherever possible.
- Seal your boxes.
Organizing your self-storage unit
Here are some tips:
- Make sure that you can easily access the items you’ve stored
- Take care when storing.
- Put down pallets to raise your items off the ground.
- In all but the smallest units, try to create an aisle and leave enough room to be able to get round the back.
- Put heavy boxes on the bottom.
- Stack boxes safely and neatly.
- Stack boxes and similarly sized items together to save space.
- Makes sure you can see your labels.